Living Heritage, Transition Worthing, British Sub Aqua Club and Marine Conservation Society are hosting their Coastal Heritage & Sustainability Fair and annual beach clean.
12:00h Sat 17th Sept. 2016 Beach House Grounds and Foreshore
Notes for Beach Cleaners: If you would like to attend please email Worthingbeachclean2016@gmail.com to confirm your attendance.
• Do bring a picnic – or buy lunch locally
• Please register. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
• If wet there will still be a clean-up – cancellation only in extreme weather.
12.0 Event opens – browse stands & activities
12.21 High tide
12:30 Registration for Beach Cleaners. Have lunch & browse stands.
1.45 Group briefing for Beach Clean & Strandline Search
2.00 Depart – in small groups within two larger teams
3.00 Beach Cleaners report back to base and
• Weigh litter bag, recording weight on survey sheet
• Return survey sheet to organisers
• Please help return rubbish & equipment in an orderly fashion
3.30 ‘Coastal Climate and Bricks & Mortar’ – join West Sussex Geological Society & Worthing Heritage Alliance on a Geology walk looking at sea defences and built environment!
We want you, the people of Sussex, to take some ownership of www.sussexgreenliving.co.uk. Forward your suggestions for events, videos, parks and green spaces etc to be added to “your” site.
“Greening Sussex by Sussex families”