‘The Future We Want – LESS C02 School Programme’ is a free sustainable solutions for schools programme for primary schools, regardless of whether they are run by the local authority, an academy or independent. Initially we are targeting schools in West Sussex.
This programme will:
- Save money for schools
- Provide ideas for schools to raise funds
- Offer FREE assemblies and lessons for children in years 5 and/or 6
- Offer free ‘LESS C02′ sustainable schools energy efficiency programme for school management. This is delivered by Ashden, a charity with a mission to help accelerate the transition to a low-carbon world. Schools that take part in ‘LESS CO2′ save on average £2,600 and 10 tonnes of carbon in their first year!
The ‘Future We Want – LESS C02 School Programme’ aims to:
- Raise awareness about the connections between our actions and global climate change
- Create a vibrant, sustainable and environmentally aware community
- Save money and reduce carbon emissions
- Encouraging people to live in greater harmony with the planet now and for future generations
This programme has been developed as a result of Al Gore’s Climate Reality Leadership Corp training (more information below) and a WWF competition. In March 2017 Carrie, the founder of Sussex Green Living, was shortlisted as the WWF Earth Hour Community Hero. At the same WWF Earth Hour Parliamentary reception, Adam her 9 year old son was announced as a winner in the WWF KS2 The Future We Want – Climate Challenge poster competition, with his Climate Cartoon.
Carrie and Adam decided that they need to give future generations the knowledge and a voice to encourage everyone to care better for the planet which sustains us.
Background to this programme:
In March 2016 Carrie trained as a Climate Reality Leader in Manila, Philippines with Al Gore, leading Climate Change Scientists and communicators. The programme takes great leaders and makes them exceptional, providing training in climate science, communications and organizing in order to better tell the story of climate change and inspire communities everywhere to take action. Carrie is part of a network of over 11k Climate Reality Leaders around the World.
In early 2017 Carrie formed a Climate Reality Education Group, then working with Climate Reality Leaders from the UK, US, Canada, Italy, Thailand, Nigeria and Costa Rica to share best practice and resources. They looked for collaborative partners, the obvious UK partner being the Ashden Trust and their LESS C02 Programme.
Please contact Carrie if you would like to receive further information.
“Greening Sussex by Sussex families”