A World S.O.S. Climate Emergency Day meeting took place on Saturday 2nd February at the Unitarian Church, Worthing Road, Horsham. Organised by Carrie Cort the founder of Sussex Green Living and Nicola Peel an environmental speaker and solutionist.
The meeting was to enabled the groups to learn what climate action is taking place across the region, share ideas and discuss how they could collaborate to increase climate action. Speakers included Nicola who gave a keynote speech on the need for urgent action, three Horsham children who gave excellent speeches on behalf of children and young people. Followed by brief presentations by representatives by:
- Sussex Green Living and Horsham Repair Cafe – Carrie Cort
- Climate Reality Leadership Corp – Jenny Edwards
- Transition Horsham – Alison Marshall
- Kinder Living Home Show & Refill Horsham District – Jeanette Mercer
- Transition Town Worthing & Worthing Repair Cafe – Pauline Cory
- Worthing Climate Action Network – Rod Thick
- Transition HKD (Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint, Keymer and Ditchling) – Alistair Whitby
- Transition Chichester & Chichester Repair Cafe – Tom Broughton
- Chichester Climate Emergency – Sarah Sharp
- Cuckmere Valley Transition & Extinction Rebellion Lewes – Dinah Prior
- Steyning 10:10 – Geoff Barnard
- Dorking Repair Café, Extinction Rebellion Dorking & Dorking Climate Emergency Week - Pat Smith & Rob Basto
Breakout sessions provided an excellent opportunity for attendees to share ideas which were presented at the end of the meeting.
Also in attendance were five Climate Reality Leaders (including Carrie Cort), these people have been trained by Al Gore the former US Vice President and leading climate change scientists in climate change communications.
A pre-event press release can be read here. More to follow!
If you would like to be added to our mailing list and be kept informed about future meetings and action please southeastclimatealliance@
“Greening Sussex by Sussex families”