What is the Youth Eco Forum
Launched on 2nd June 2020, initially it was a weekly meeting place for young people 12+, it now takes place every other Sunday at 8pm. A safe and friendly place where they can discuss worries, hopes and share ideas and actions. The group is led by a Christ’s Hospital School Eco Ranger who is keen to help provide Zoom gathering for local young environmentalists to gather, discuss and connect for an hour of planet-friendly chat.
Both the climate crisis and the pandemic raise big questions for the future of younger generations and it is important to be able to discuss concerns and to problem-solve in a creative and collaborative way. Sussex Green Living hopes that the creation of this forum will enable young people to tackle eco-anxiety with eco-action and being an essential part of the local green community.
The Youth Eco Forum members have worked together on lots of projects including:
- Designed and installed an environmental shop window display in 18 East Street, Horsham.
- They featured in a great article in All About Horsham which can be seen on page 21-24 here.
- Designed, written and illustrated the ezines below.
- Helped promote and participate in the Keep Rookwood Green bio blitz.
- Secured an Argus Crisis Grant to develop and run their Beyond Be-Leaf outdoor education day in an ancient woodland in The Haven, near Billingshurst on 14th July 2021. Watch the video below and take a look at their special issue of Planet B to learn all about it.
- With the balance of the grant they purchased 10 books for the participating schools, the YEF members recommended environmental books.
- They are planning an event to raise money to buy more books for more schools!
When and where
A Zoom meeting takes place every other Sunday at 8pm.
FREE tickets can be booked here. The joining instructions will be emailed to you a couple of days before the meeting. Or email us to learn more or join.
Join our Instagram here