We are going to be at the Kinder Living Home Show on Saturday 2nd (10-4pm) and Sunday 3rd (10-4pm) March 2019, with Sussex Green Living displays and a pop-up Horsham Repair Cafe come along and see us.
What is the Kinder Living Home Show?
Founded by Jeanette Mercer and a team of volunteers the event aims to encourage more sustainable choices in our homes, gardens and daily lives. This year it is taking place at County Hall, North Horsham, Park Street, Horsham, RH12 1XH.
There will be stands, demos and local experts offering advice on saving energy and water, alternatives to plastic, eco friendly decorating and renovation, crafts, textiles and more. There will be repairs of laptops, PCs, small domestic items and clothes, a seed swap and gardening advice.
This is what we are bringing to the show:
Horsham Repair Café (run by Sussex Green Living and many volunteers)
- Household electrical goods repairs
- Clothes repairs – book repairs here.
- Knit and natter area with a Community Eco Ocean Art display – which includes a stunning display of knitted sealife, the beginning of the HRC collaborative ocean art exhibit – come and contribute.
- Make do and mend display
- Horsham Repair Café household cleaning and personal bottle refill display (which takes place at the Quaker Meeting House on the first Saturday of every month 10-1pm
- Morsbags making and display – bags made out of old bedsheet, curtain and unwanted materials, once made the material Morsbags are distribute them – each one has the potential to eliminate 100s of plastic bags over its lifetime. Learn more here.
- Quilt and bunting making
- Clothes swap
Sussex Green Living ‘Love your clothes and planet’ static display, highlighting sustainable and ethical clothes, less sustainable clothes, the environmental problems of synthetic material and tips for clothes care to reduce their environmental impact. Learn more about how this display is used to educate school children here.
South East Climate Alliance display about climate change and SECA posters and sign up form. SECA is a coalition of local environmental groups across the South East England uniting for urgent action on climate change. Learn more here.
It is free to visit, learn more about the Kinder Living Home Show here https://www.kinderliving.co.uk/.