Sussex Green Living is a charitable organisation registered with the Charity Commission 1189569
What data do we collect?
We may collect the following data:
- Name, email address,
- Contact form subject and date of query
- Through other social media such as Facebook and email management systems, we track your responses to posts, newsletters. Examples include Facebook ‘Likes’, or email ‘Opens’
- The dates and events you have attended through the Eventbrite booking system
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Sussex Green Living with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Supply your email through the email sign-up form
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- We may collect your personal or professional email in responses to emails sent in legitimate interest, such as to schools.
- Supplying details to Eventbrite when you sign up for an event
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Send you occasional emails about new initiatives and news from Sussex Green Living, including Horsham Repair Cafe.
- Email you with local and environmental news we think you might like.
- Manage your attendance at events via Eventbrite
- We do not share your data with organizations that are not directly managed by us. At present, our initiatives are Sussex Green Living, the Horsham Repair Café, The Horsham Climate Café, and the Youth Eco Forum.
- We receive donations from you via Paypal, Amazon Smile, and via bank transfer. Some of these methods means that we will see how much you have donated and your bank account name.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data in Mailchimp, a secure email management system that is GDPR compliant. EventBrite also holds your details securely, as do the banks.
You have the option to ask to see what data we hold, to unsubscribe from email marketing, and to ask that we delete data that is out of date.
Sussex Green Living/Horsham Repair Café (SGL/HRC) would like to send you information about environmental issues and initiatives of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other charities.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please notify us via our contact form.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request SGL/HRC for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SGL/HRC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SGL/HRC to correct the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SGL/HRC erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SGL/HRC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to SGL/HRC processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SGL/HRC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 07768 212833.
Or write to us at the address
CLARITY ACCOUNTING LTD
LANCING BUSINESS PARK
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – SGL/HRC uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.