Sussex Green Ideas online on the 3rd Wednesday of every month 7-8 pm.
We know that groups aiming to reduce our impact on the climate and natural world are busy.
However, we hope that you would find it useful, occasionally, to share news, ideas and appeals for help – with people from other groups and with people looking to become practically more involved.
Sussex Green Ideas builds on the work of both the on-line Climate Cafe and Horsham Future Forum, which it replaces. It will continue to wrestle with potential ways to reduce our impact on the climate and the natural world. Going on-line during the pandemic helped the community of activists across Sussex (and particularly Horsham District) to keep in touch and learn from each other. We want to keep this, even as we restart local face to face activities.
We meet monthly via Zoom, on the third Wednesday, 7 – 8pm. We will have a speaker from a local organisation every other month. In between, we will have a networking meeting to discuss the progress of various Sussex initiatives, focusing on Horsham District and what we can each learn from them.
The meetings will be inspiring, interesting and useful to both current and future activists!
People who have previously attended the Horsham Future Forum can use the same Zoom details used for that monthly event. New attendees need to book via Eventbrite, then going forward can use the same monthly Zoom meeting details.
1) Sussex Green Ideas – every 3rd Wednesday 7-8pm
2) Youth Eco Forum – every other Sunday 8 – 9pm learn more here
How do I join the online meetings?
- Please book onto the appropriate Sussex Green Ideas date(s!) you want to be a part of through our Eventbrite booking page.
- The day before the selected session we will email everyone who signed up with the Eventbrite the Zoom weblink, and our unique meeting ID number and password. If you book after this email is sent, you will still be sent this information – we will email you individually!
- Once you have attended you can use the same logon details each month. If you forget or lose them just book via Eventbrite again.
- PLEASE DO NOT pass the Zoom details to other people, new people have to book via Eventbrite for safeguarding reasons.
- Do share details of this Sussex Green Ideas online meeting with new people!
- Please do not worry if you are late or cannot meet the starting time – you can join the meeting at any time.
Feeling inspired to get involved?
We are always looking for volunteers, so get in touch or come and meet us and see how you can get involved! Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or sign up to receive our latest news (it only takes two seconds to add your email address – simply click on black ‘Follow‘ tab on bottom right of this screen!). Feel free to also send us an email using our contact form, or come and say hello at our events like the Sussex Green Ideas online meeting (starts May 2021)or the Horsham Repair Cafe!